A little change of tune for today's post. A survey... for you! I would really love to get more of a feel for who is visiting One April Morning and what kind of things you like so I can make some decisions as to where to go from here, whether I should make any changes, etc.
As much as I love blogging, I'm not so good at doing blogger-y stuff like marketing and networking and SEO. I just like to write about things I am thinking or feeling and put it out into the world without much fanfare. I don't want to become one of those people who retweet their own compliments (however lovely they are), or flood feeds with self-promotion. But I'd really like to get to know you all better, and maybe be inspired by some ideas and feedback you may have for me, and I thought that perhaps a survey wouldn't be too much of an imposition. I quite like filling out surveys, myself. So if you are willing, please read on!
It would be fab if you could copy and paste the following and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd rather be anonymous you can post it in the comments. (Although I think there may be a word limit so you may have to choose just a few questions to answer or break it into parts, I'm sorry!) Answer as many or as few questions as you would like, and the answers can be very short or extremely long (or somewhere in between). Thank you so much! UPDATE: I have also created a short (10 question) version that you can complete anonymously online. Just click here. Thank you! (And thank you to Harriet for the suggestion.)
1. How often do you visit this blog? How long have you been reading it?
2. How do you get here? Directly, via twitter, via Google Reader, via another blog's blogroll, etc?
3. How did you find this blog for the first time?
4. What do you like about it? What are your favourite post/s, if you have any?
5. What don't you like about it?
6. What would you like to see more of?
7. What would you like to see less of?
8. What books do you like? Do you have a favourite author or genre?
9. What music do you like?
10. What films/tv shows do you like?
11. What forms of social media do you use? Twitter, Facebook, Path, Tumblr etc?
12. Which are your favourite blogs/websites?
13. Do you write a blog? If so (and you don't mind sharing) where can I find it?
14. How old are you?
15. Where do you live?
16. Are you interested in politics? How would you describe your politic views, if any?
17. Are you male or female?
18. Which languages do you speak?
19. What is your occupation?
20. Have you ever been in love? What do you think about love?
21. If I started a weekly email newsletter, would you sign up? What would you like it to say and include?
22. What frustrates you or makes you sad?
23. What makes you happy?
24. What are your hobbies?
25. What song and/or poem and/or book and/or film and/or person (anything!) speaks closely to your heart and life experience?
26. What do you think about marriage? Are you married? If not, do you think you will ever get married?
27. How do you feel about religion and spirituality?
28. Are you interested in cooking and/or nutrition?
29. Are you interested in cosmetics?
30. Have you ever recommended this blog to others? If so, to whom? And why?
31. How would you describe this blog and/or its content?
32. Have you ever made a comment?
33. Would you join and participate in an interactive online book club?
34. What's your dream job/career?
35. How would you describe your stage in life?
36. Anything else you'd like to add? About this blog, yourself, your thoughts?
Okay, I'll stop now! I repeat: no pressure to answer all of the questions... I'm just being nosy for most of them. I really appreciate your time and effort. And as always, thank you for reading. It means the world to me!